This week it became clear that the lockdown in Holland will last until at least 20 April 2021. This has major consequences for the activities during the tulip season. Keukenhof Gardens may not open its gates and international travel will be halted. Nevertheless, the tulips will bloom in Holland. In our Flower Forecast we will provide digital updates of the flowering every week, just like last year. In this way, we hope to convey the positive message of the tulips to the world.
Due to the corona measures, tulip activities are not allowed to open yet. Read all about the impact of the corona measures here.
Enjoy the tulips digitally
We will spread the positive spring message of the Tulip Festival digitally. Through our Facebook and Instagram we will give updates about the tulips’ flowering. So follow us and enjoy the beautiful spring flowers in Holland.
Current state of the tulip fields in Holland
The flowers have only grown a little in the past week. The first hyacinths and early tulips show some colour but most of the tulip fields are still green with leaves. We expect the explosion of colour in the flower fields from the second week in April.
Weather forecast Holland
The weather forecast is for slightly warmer days next week but after that the temperature will probably go down again. This will ensure that the flowering of the tulips will not accelerate.
Flower Forecast 2021*
Because of colder weather the tulip fields are about 1 to 2 weeks later than average growth. For tulips and hyacinths we will probably have to wait until April and May.
This means we expect the following blooming periods for the flower fields:
- Crocus – blooming between beginning of March and end of March
- Daffoldils – Daffoldils fields from beginning of March till Mid-April.
- Hyacints – Hyacint flower fields from the end of March till the end of April.
- Tulips – We expect the first tulips to start blooming from the beginning of April. Peak blooming will be around Mid-April till the beginning of May.
*We try to predict the flowering of the flowers as well as possible. However, the bloom continues to be influenced by nature. Due to weather conditions the flowering process can be different than what we expect.
Digital tours Keukenhof
As Keukenhof Gardens is unfortunately closed, videos and photos of the tulip park’s bloom are shared every week, just like last year.
Keukenhof Spring series part 1 | 23 maart
Welcome video virtual visitor | 20 maart
Flower Map 2021
From the beginning of March till the beginning of May 2021 we will update the Flower Map weekly. Because there are many travel restrictions, the Flower Map will be in Dutch by 2021.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Visit the unique flower experience center all year round
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Tulip Festival Card