Although it is already 6 May, the tulip fields in Holland are only now blooming at their best. During normal tulip seasons these would be the last days but we expect to have tulips flowering until mid May. Some flower attractions have also decided to stay open a week longer. Unfortunately, the Dutch government does not allow Keukenhof Gardens to open, so we will have to wait until 2022 for that.
Due to the corona measures, many tulip activities are not allowed to open yet. If you want to know how you can still enjoy the tulips, check out our corona page.
Enjoy the tulips digitally
We will spread the positive spring message of the Tulip Festival digitally. Through our Facebook and Instagram we will give updates about the tulips’ flowering. So follow us and enjoy the beautiful spring flowers in Holland.
Current state of the tulip fields in Holland
Although the daffodils and hyacinths have mostly finished flowering, the tulip fields are still in full bloom. The early tulips are already being cut back, but there are still many tulips in bloom.
Weather forecast Holland
Fortunately, the temperature in Holland is rising slightly. Now and then it rains, but the sun shines regularly as well. So there will still be good moments to come and admire the tulips.
Flower Forecast 2021*
We expect there to be flowering tulips until at least 16 May. This is really exceptionally late and even 2 or 3 weeks later than normal.
This means we expect the following blooming periods for the flower fields:
- Crocus – blooming between beginning of March till Mid-April
- Daffoldils – Daffoldils fields from beginning of March till the end of April.
- Hyacints – Hyacint flower fields from the end of March till the beginning of April.
- Tulips – Blooming from the second week in April. Peak blooming will be End of April till the second week of May. The showgardens at Tulip Farms will keep the tulip fields blooming until 16 May.
*We try to predict the flowering of the flowers as well as possible. However, the bloom continues to be influenced by nature. Due to weather conditions the flowering process can be different than what we expect.
Current state of the flowers at Keukenhof
Unfortunately, Keukenhof Gardens is not allowed to open by the Dutch government. Therefore, the flower park makes a lot of videos that allow many people to enjoy spring in the most beautiful spring park in the world. Mid-May we will announce the definitive opening dates for 2022.
Flower Map 2021
From the beginning of March till the beginning of May 2021 we will update the Flower Map weekly. Because there are many travel restrictions, the Flower Map will be in Dutch by 2021.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Buy Keukenhof quality tulip bulbs online and create your own tulip garden
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Tulip Festival Card