We had to wait a long time for it this tulip season, but now most of the tulip fields in Holland are in bloom. Due to the cold weather, this is extremely late. We even expect to have tulips flowering until 16 May. And although Keukenhof Gardens must unfortunately remain closed, more and more people are discovering the possibility of cycling along the tulip fields or taking a sightseeing tour.
Due to the corona measures, many tulip activities are not allowed to open yet. If you want to know how you can still enjoy the tulips, check out our corona page.
Enjoy the tulips digitally
We will spread the positive spring message of the Tulip Festival digitally. Through our Facebook and Instagram we will give updates about the tulips’ flowering. So follow us and enjoy the beautiful spring flowers in Holland.
Current state of the tulip fields in Holland
The tulip fields in Holland are finally blooming. The colourful landscape looks magnificent. The first daffodil and hyacinth fields have already finished flowering.
Weather forecast Holland
The weather forecast is for the next two weeks to remain cold. The sun will also show itself less. Nevertheless, we expect that most days will be ideal to go for a walk along the tulip fields.The weekend of 1 and 2 May is looking splendid.
Flower Forecast 2021*
We expect there to be flowering tulips until at least 16 May. This is really exceptionally late and even 2 or 3 weeks later than normal.
This means we expect the following blooming periods for the flower fields:
- Crocus – blooming between beginning of March till Mid-April
- Daffoldils – Daffoldils fields from beginning of March till the end of April.
- Hyacints – Hyacint flower fields from the end of March till the beginning of April.
- Tulips – Blooming from the second week in April. Peak blooming will be End of April till the second week of May. The showgardens at Tulip Farms will keep the tulip fields blooming until 16 May.
*We try to predict the flowering of the flowers as well as possible. However, the bloom continues to be influenced by nature. Due to weather conditions the flowering process can be different than what we expect.
Current state of the flowers at Keukenhof
Unfortunately, Keukenhof Gardens is not allowed to open by the Dutch government. Therefore, the flower park makes a lot of videos that allow many people to enjoy spring in the most beautiful spring park in the world. Mid-May we will announce the definitive opening dates for 2022.
Flower Map 2021
From the beginning of March till the beginning of May 2021 we will update the Flower Map weekly. Because there are many travel restrictions, the Flower Map will be in Dutch by 2021.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Buy Keukenhof quality tulip bulbs online and create your own tulip garden
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Tulip Festival Card