Once again, this is going to be a strange tulip season with many people not able to travel to Holland to enjoy the tulips. But lockdown or not, the tulips will bloom. With our weekly update, we hope everyone will still enjoy the most colourful season in Holland. Are you one of the lucky ones who live in Holland or can travel to Holland? Then read our tips for visiting the tulip activities during the corona pandemic.
Current state of the tulip fields in Holland
The flower fields are getting ready for spring. Slowly but surely, more and more green is appearing on the fields and the first early daffodils are already showing some colour.
Weather forecast Holland
The weather in the Netherlands has gone in all directions in recent weeks. From cold, which meant we were still skating on the ice in mid-February, to lovely spring weather at the end of February. The next two weeks the weather is predicted to be average.
Flower Forecast 2021*
Because of warm weather the flower fields are about 1 week earlier than average growth. Flowering seems to proceed like in 2019. This means there are already many blooming flowers to be admired during the opening of tulip season on 20 March.
See the blooming of the flowers on 21 March 2019 here
This means we expect the following blooming periods for the flower fields:
- Crocus – blooming between beginning of March and end of March
- Daffoldils – Daffoldils fields from beginning of March till the beginning of April.
- Hyacints – Hyacint flower fields from Mid March till the end of April.
- Tulips – We expect the first tulips to start blooming from the end of March. Peak blooming will be around Mid-April till the end of April.
*We try to predict the flowering of the flowers as well as possible. However, the bloom continues to be influenced by nature. Due to weather conditions the flowering process can be different than what we expect.
Flower Map 2021
From the beginning of March till the beginning of May 2021 we will update the Flower Map weekly. Because there are many travel restrictions, the Flower Map will be in Dutch by 2021.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Visit the unique flower experience center all year round
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Amsterdam Region Travel Ticket