The last 10 days of the tulip season 2019 have started. The bulb fields are for the most part headed. Only tulip farms near Amsterdam that receive visitors can still find some tulip fields. in Keukenhof Spring Garden, the tulips are still beautifully blooming and there are many musical extras in the flower park. In short, enjoy the tulips in Holland for another 10 days
Current state of the flower fields in Holland
Most production flower fields have lost there flowers. They where removed by the farmers so the energy can go back to the flower bulb. This way the bulb will get the best quality possible. Read more in our article: Why the flowers on the flower fields are removed.
There are some tulip fields left. At tulip farm De Tulperij there is a small tulip field (until 12 May). The flowers on this field will be removed on Monday 13 May.
Blooming of the flowers at Keukenhof Spring Garden
The blooming of the tulips at Keukenhof Gardens is a bit different from the blooming of the tulip fields. The flowers at the spring garden have been specifically chosen to ensure that blooming flowers can be seen from the opening (21 March) to the closing day (19 May). Also, the tulips are not removed during peak blooming so the tulips and other flowers can be admired till 19 May in Keukenhof. Right now the tulips are blooming beautifully at Keukenhof Spring Garden
-> More information about visiting Keukenhof Spring Garden in May.
All photos below are made on 7 May 2019 at Keukenhof Spring Garden.
If you are visiting Keukenhof Gardens this year. Please make sure to buy your tickets online and skip the waiting lines.
Tickets for Keukenhof Gardens 2019
|Keukenhof Skip the line ticket > 12 year||€ 18,00||Buy tickets|
|Kids ticket 4-11 years||€ 8.00||Buy tickets|
|Kids up to 3 years||Free|
|Parking ticket Day pass||€ 6,00||Buy tickets|
|Bus (return ticket) + Keukenhof Skip the line||€ 25,00||Buy tickets|
|Rental Bike at Keukenhof||€ 10,00||Buy tickets|
|Keukenhof Guided Tour from Amsterdam |
including a visit to a real tulip farm
|€ 69,00||Buy tickets|
Weather Forecast Holland
The last week will be wonderfully sunny with pleasant temperatures. Perfect for a visit to Keukenhof.
Flower Forecast 2019*
Because of the warm winter and spring the flowers are still 1 to 2 weeks earlier than average growth. This means that most production flower fields are gone by now. At Keukenhof Gardens there will be blooming flowers until closing day on 19 May.
We expect the following blooming periods for the production flower fields:
- Crocus – Currently the most crocuses are done blooming for 2019
- Daffoldils – Currently the most daffodils are done blooming for 2019
- Hyacints – Currently the most hyacints are done blooming for 2019
- Tulips – Currently the most tulips are done blooming for 2019
*We try to predict the flowering of the flowers as well as possible. However, the bloom continues to be influenced by nature. Due to weather conditions the flowering process can be different than what we expect.
Subscribe to our free newsletter
Do you want to be the first to know about the latest predictions for the flowering of flowers in Holland? Subscribe to our free Flower Forecast newsletter . This gives you an update every month and an update every week from March to Mid May. Our new update will be live on May 16 and will be focused about the flowers at Keukenhof Garden and a sneak preview at Tulip season 2020.
Flower Map 2019
Check out where the best flower fields are at this moment. We will update the Flower Map weekly. Rent a bike for sightseeing the flower fields
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out our most populair articles:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parades in Holland
- Visit the Flower Fields in Holland with our tips
- Stay informed about the growing of the flower in Holland with our Flower Reports
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit the best Flower Farms in Holland
- Our tips for the most populair tours from Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- The Countryside of Holland: all about Dutch cheese, clogs and windmills
- Is there something special in Holland? Check it out in our events calendar