While in Keukenhof Spring Garden the tulips bloom beautifully, the tulip farmers have removed all tulip flowers from the flower fields. The tulip farmers remove the flowers to grow the best quality flower bulbs. There are still some flower fields left but mostly at tulip farms who are open for visitors.
Current state of the flower fields in Holland
As indicated above, most production flower fields are gone. The tulip farmers have removed the flowers so that the energy can go to the flower bulb and thus the best quality flower bulbs are grown. More information about why the flowers on the flower fields are removed.
Blooming of the flowers at Keukenhof Spring Garden
The blooming of the tulips at Keukenhof Gardens is a bit different from the blooming of the tulip fields. The flowers at the spring garden have been specifically chosen to ensure that blooming flowers can be seen from the opening (21 March) to the closing day (19 May). Also, the tulips are not removed during peak blooming so the tulips and other flowers can be admired till 19 May in Keukenhof. Right now the tulips are blooming beautifully at Keukenhof Spring Garden
-> More information about visiting Keukenhof Spring Garden in May.
All photos below are made on 1 May 2019 at Keukenhof Spring Garden.
If you are visiting Keukenhof Gardens this year. Please make sure to buy your tickets online and skip the waiting lines.
Tickets for Keukenhof Gardens 2020
Skip the line Adult ticket
|€ 19.00||Buy tickets »|
|Kids ticket |
|€ 9.00||Buy tickets »|
(up to 3 years)
|Parking ticket||€ 6.00||Buy tickets »|
|Bus (return ticket) |
+ Keukenhof Skip the line
|€ 28.50||Buy tickets »|
|Tulip Festival Card||€ 55,00||Buy tickets »|
|Rental Bike||€ 19.50||Buy tickets »|
|Keukenhof Guided Tour |
+ visit to a tulip farm
|€ 69,00||Buy tickets »|
Weather Forecast Holland
The coming days will be colder in Holland. There will be rain and sunshine. Make sure to dress yourself warm and bring an umbrella. It will not rain all day and the sun will show itself every day.
Flower Forecast 2019*
Because of the warm winter and spring the flowers are still 1 to 2 weeks earlier than average growth. This means that most production flower fields are gone by now. At Keukenhof Gardens there will be blooming flowers until closing day on 19 May.
We expect the following blooming periods for the production flower fields:
- Crocus – Currently the most crocuses are done blooming for 2019
- Daffoldils – Currently the most daffodils are done blooming for 2019
- Hyacints – Currently the most hyacints are done blooming for 2019
- Tulips – Currently the most tulips are done blooming for 2019
*We try to predict the flowering of the flowers as well as possible. However, the bloom continues to be influenced by nature. Due to weather conditions the flowering process can be different than what we expect.
Subscribe to our free newsletter
Do you want to be the first to know about the latest predictions for the flowering of flowers in Holland? Subscribe to our free Flower Forecast newsletter . This gives you an update every month and an update every week from March to Mid May. Our new update will be live on May 9 and will be focused about the flowers at Keukenhof Garden.
Flower Map 2019
Check out where the best flower fields are at this moment. We will update the Flower Map weekly. Rent a bike for sightseeing the flower fields
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top 5 sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Tulip Festival Card