While the world seems to stand still because of the coronavirus nature continues to bloom in Holland. The colors on the flower fields are increasingly emerging. Unfortunately this season without people who can admire them in real life. Fortunately, this can be done virtually. That’s why we will change this flower forecast into a weekly digital tour along the flower fields.
From this week we will publish our weekly digital tour which contains photos and videos of the blooming flower fields and virtual tours through Keukenhof Gardens. In this way we hope to bring some positivity to the world. Enjoy the beautiful colors and hopefully you can come to the Netherlands next year to enjoy the flowers.
Digital photo tour along the flower fields
Despite the coronavirus, the flowers continue to bloom. The daffodils and hyacinth fields are already blooming and also the early tulips are showing their colors. In order to be able to show everyone the flowers, we will post more photos in our updates from now on. Please follow our social channels to stay up to date: Facebook, Instagram or Twitter
Fortunately, we can still leave our home in the Netherlands. We will continue to take photos as long as this is possible.
Virtual tours Keukenhof Gardens
Because many of you can’t visit Keukenhof Gardens this year the gardens will come to you with free virtual tours of the blooming in the tulip park. The videos will be regularly posted below. This way everyone can still enjoy the beautiful floral splendor. Please follow our social channels to stay up to date: Facebook, Instagram or Twitter
21 March – Virtual opening of Keukenhof Gardens
Keukenhof Gardens should normally have opened its doors on March 21. Unfortunately this is not possible this year. In the first tour, the director of Keukenhof shows his favorite place in the gardens.
24 March – Enjoy the park
During the second tour you can already see how beautiful the gardens look. There is a lovely sun and the colorful flowers bloom as if there is no corona virus.
26 March – Enjoy the indoor tulip show
In this third tour through Keukenhof we hear from garden worker Michael what his favorite place in Keukenhof is.
Flower Forecast 2020*
We expect the flower to bloom 1 to 2 weeks earlier than average growth. Flowering still seems to proceed like in 2019.
This means we expect the following blooming periods for the flower fields:
- Crocus – blooming between beginning of March and end of March
- Daffoldils – Daffoldils fields from beginning of March till the beginning of April.
- Hyacints – Hyacint flower fields from Mid March till the end of April.
- Tulips – We expect the first tulips to start blooming from the end of March. Peak blooming will be around Mid-April till the end of April.
*We try to predict the flowering of the flowers as well as possible. However, the bloom continues to be influenced by nature. Due to weather conditions the flowering process can be different than what we expect.
Flower Map 2020
The advice in the Netherlands is to stay at home and we do not want to encourage many people to come to the flower fields. This summer we will show the summer flowers and in 2021 the tulip fields will be online again.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Buy Keukenhof quality tulip bulbs online and create your own tulip garden
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Visit the unique flower experience center all year round
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Amsterdam Region Travel Ticket