The tulips in the Netherlands are still in full bloom. The gardens in Keukenhof are splendid and many tulips are still flowering in the tulip fields. The first tulip fields are being cut, but there are also some late tulip fields that are just starting to bloom. In short, the next two weeks (until 15 May) you can still enjoy the tulips in Holland.
Current state of the tulip fields in Holland
The tulip fields are in full bloom. There are still some late tulip varieties that are just starting to flower. However, the farmers have started to remove the flower. They only do this at the production fields and by doing so, the energy goes back into the bulb. This results in the best quality flower bulbs.
Tips for visiting Keukenhof Gardens this week
In the coming weeks, the tulips in Holland will be in full bloom and we are happy that many people will come to admire this. We expect a lot of crowds and that makes it important to plan your trip well. Popular attractions like Keukenhof Gardens are often sold out. Below some tips to prepare well for your visit to the tulips:
Book your tickets in advance!
Individual tickets for Keukenhof Gardens are almost sold out for the next few days. There are no tickets available at the box office. If you still need to buy Keukenhof tickets, you can look for the early or late time slots. Another option is to book a tour from Amsterdam or look for the Keukenhof bus combi ticket. The following tours still have availability the coming days:
- Keukenhof bus from RAI Amsterdam – € 33.50
- Keukenhof bus from Schiphol Airport – € 29.50
- Keukenhof bus from Haarlem Station – € 29.50
- Keukenhof bus from Leiden Station – € 29.50
- Transfer Amsterdam + Keukenhof entrance – € 39.00
- Transfer Amsterdam + windmill cruise + Keukenhof entrance – € 49.50
- Full day tour including Keukenhof, windmill cruise and tulip farm visit – € 79.00
If you want to enjoy the Keukenhof cruise during your visit, we advise you to book the cruise in advance. There is only a limited capacity. The Keukenhof cruise starts from the flower park and so you must also have a Keukenhof ticket to go on the cruise.
Visit one of the smaller tulip attractions
Near the tulip fields are also several other tulip attractions that are definitely worth a visit. Tickets are often still available for these small-scale attractions. The attractions are less easily accessible by public transport, but are situated along the flower cycle route.
- Visit the tulip farm De Tulperij
- Take the best photos of tulips at The Tulip Barn
- Learn all about the tulip at the Tulip Experience Amsterdam (including the largest tulip show garden)
Weather forecast Holland
The weather forecast for the next two weeks is good. The sun will shine a lot again. However, the temperature will be lower than in the past few weeks. This is good news for the tulips, which will be able to bloom longer at the tulip attractions.
Flower Forecast 2022*
We expect the following blooming periods for the flower fields:
- Crocus – All of the crocuses have finished flowering.
- Daffoldils – Most daffoldils fields have finished flowering.
- Hyacints – Most hyacint flower fields have finished flowering.
- Tulips – Tulip are in full bloom. Peak blooming is now. The cutting of the flowers has begun. **
*We try to predict the flowering of the flowers as well as possible. However, the bloom continues to be influenced by nature. Due to weather conditions the flowering process can be different than what we expect.
**The above forecast applies to the flower fields. The flowering at Keukenhof and in the other show gardens will be the whole season. When planting, early and late blooming flowers were taken into account. Also, the flowers are not headed.
Flower Map 2022
Check the flower map below to see how the flower fields are currently blooming. We update the flower map weekly.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Buy Keukenhof quality tulip bulbs online and create your own tulip garden
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Visit the unique flower experience center all year round
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Amsterdam Region Travel Ticket