The Easter weekend is one of the busiest weekends of the Tulip Season. The ultimate spring feeling with the many spring colours gives the special Easter Festival an extra dimension. The weather forecasts are good with lots of sunshine and lovely spring temperatures. The flowers are in bloom at the show gardens and in the flower fields and all the corona measures in the Netherlands have been lifted. So it really is time to celebrate spring! In this Flower Forecast we have some tips for your visit to the tulips for the coming week.
Current state of the tulip fields in Holland
The tulips finally continue to grow. At the tulip show gardens and on the tulip fields, more tulips are blooming every day. It is expected that the tulips will continue to bloom until at least 15 May. From the second week of May onwards, the farmers will start to head the production tulip fields. They do this to let the energy go back to the flower bulb. The flowers at the flower attractions are not headed and therefore continue to bloom splendidly.
Tips for visiting Keukenhof Gardens this week
In the coming weeks, the tulips in Holland will be in full bloom and we are happy that many people will come to admire this. We expect a lot of crowds and that makes it important to plan your trip well. Popular attractions like Keukenhof Gardens are often sold out. Below some tips to prepare well for your visit to the tulips:
Book your tickets in advance!
Individual tickets for Keukenhof Gardens are almost sold out for the next few days. There are no tickets available at the box office. If you still need to buy Keukenhof tickets, you can look for the early or late time slots. Another option is to book a tour from Amsterdam or look for the Keukenhof bus combi ticket. The following tours still have availability the coming days:
- Transfer Amsterdam + Keukenhof entrance – € 39.00
- Transfer Amsterdam + windmill cruise + Keukenhof entrance – € 49.50
- Full day tour including Keukenhof, windmill cruise and tulip farm visit – € 79.00
If you want to enjoy the Keukenhof cruise during your visit, we advise you to book the cruise in advance. There is only a limited capacity. The Keukenhof cruise starts from the flower park and so you must also have a Keukenhof ticket to go on the cruise.
Visit one of the smaller tulip attractions
Near the tulip fields are also several other tulip attractions that are definitely worth a visit. Tickets are often still available for these small-scale attractions. The attractions are less easily accessible by public transport, but are situated along the flower cycle route.
- Visit the tulip farm De Tulperij
- Take the best photos of tulips at The Tulip Barn
- Learn all about the tulip at the Tulip Experience Amsterdam (including the largest tulip show garden)
Weather forecast Holland
The weather forecast for the next two weeks is very good. The sun will show itself a lot and the temperature will feel like spring. Fortunately, it will not be too warm, so the tulips can bloom peacefully.
Flower Forecast 2022*
We expect the following blooming periods for the flower fields:
- Crocus – Most of the crocuses have finished flowering.
- Daffoldils – Daffoldils fields from now till the third week of April.
- Hyacints – Hyacint flower fields from now till the third week of April.
- Tulips – More and more tulips are flowering. We expect the peak of the tulip bloom to be from next weekend until the second week of May**.
*We try to predict the flowering of the flowers as well as possible. However, the bloom continues to be influenced by nature. Due to weather conditions the flowering process can be different than what we expect.
**The above forecast applies to the flower fields. The flowering at Keukenhof and in the other show gardens will be the whole season. When planting, early and late blooming flowers were taken into account. Also, the flowers are not headed.
Flower Map 2022
Check the flower map below to see how the flower fields are currently blooming. We update the flower map weekly.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Buy Keukenhof quality tulip bulbs online and create your own tulip garden
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Visit the unique flower experience center all year round
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Amsterdam Region Travel Ticket