Check out the best flower events during Tulip Festival in Holland. Visit Keukenhof Gardens, the Dutch Flower Parade, the activities at flower farms and the best sightseeing tours along the tulip fields.
Dutch Flower Parade 2022
April 23 @ 9:00 am – 9:30 pm
In 2022, the Dutch Flower Parade will be held on Saturday 23 April. It is the 75th time that the Flower Parade will be held, so this edition will be extra special! It is the most famous flower parade of the Netherlands and it can be perfectly combined with a visit to the Tulip gardens of Keukenhof and the tulip fields in Holland.
The spring flower parade in Holland is unique in the world. It is the only flower parade that is made up with spring flowers like tulips and hyacints. More than a million visitors from all over the world enjoy the parade during the route of the creations. This event is made possible because of the many volunteers.
Flower Parade route
The flower parade will ride from the seaside resort of Noordwijk on Saturday 23 April 2022 via the flower fields near Lisse to the historic city of Haarlem. The route is in total more than 42 kilometers (26 miles) long. Along the route several viewing locations have been created where extra entertainment and explanation about the corso floats will be given. Below we have listed the best locations to watch the Flower Parade:
Want to view the Flower Parade from a grandstand? There are three locations available. Check out more information about a Flower Parade Grandstand
1. Keukenhof Boulevard
One of the best spot to see the Flower Parade is the Keukenhof Boulevard. The road in front of Keukenhof Tulip Gardens is transformed for the Flower Parade. The parade will get some extra entertainment on the Keukenhof Boulevard.
- Passing time around 3.30 PM
- Address: Westelijke randweg (in front of Keukenhof entrance)
- Distance from Keukenhof: 5 minutes walk
If you want to combine Keukenhof with the Flower Parade we advise you to buy your Keukenhof tickets online. It can be a crowded day at the gardens and with your online ticket you can Skip the line at the ticket office. Below you will find all Keukenhof tickets available.
Tickets for Keukenhof Gardens 2022
When booking your Keukenhof Gardens tickets, you must select a day and time slot for entering the park. In 2022, Keukenhof will work with a maximum number of tickets per day and arrival time. So book your tickets in time!
|Adult (18+)||€ 19.00||Buy tickets|
|Kids (4-17)||€ 9.00||Buy tickets|
|Day ticket parking||€ 6.00|
|Park guide book||€ 5.00||Buy tickets|
See below for Keukenhof ticket availability. The Flower Parade day is traditionally the busiest day at Keukenhof so tickets may sell out.
2. See the Flower Parade from a official grandstand
Along the route of the Flower Parade, a number of covered grandstands have been placed where you can sit comfortably and enjoy the parade. There are also toilets near the grandstands and, depending on the location, there are opportunities for lunch, dinner or a tour of a tulip farm.
3. The center of Flower Town Lisse
Just a 10 minutes walk from Keukenhof you wil find the center of flower town Lisse. Every year the flower parade is one of the top events in the center. There is a special Flower Parade market with great local products and the town’s center square at the Heereweg is the place to see the flower parade passing.
- Passing time around 3.00 PM
- Address: Heereweg 219, Lisse
- Distance form Keukenhof: 10 minutes walk
4. The center of Haarlem
In the evening the Flower Parade will enter the city center of Haarlem. It’s great to see the floats riding though the historical Dutch city. On Sunday April 24th, the corso trucks can be seen in the center of Haarlem during the Corso Expo Day.
- Passing time around 9.00 PM
- Address: Gedempte Oude Gracht, Haarlem
- Distance from Keukenhof: 20 kilometer
5. See the start at Noordwijk Boulevard
On Saturday April 23th the Flower Parade will start at the beachfront of Noordwijk.
- Passing time around 9.30 AM
- Address: Vuurtorenplein, Noordwijk
- Distance from Keukenhof: 12 kilometer
Please signup for our free newsletter with the latest information about the flower events in Holland. From the beginning of March we will also send a weekly Flower Forecast to keep you updated about the growing of the flower fields. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram.
Hotels nearby Flower Parade 2022
If you want to stay in a Hotel or Bed & Breakfast nearby Lisse during the Dutch Flower Parade you will have to book your hotel early. Most rooms are booked more than a year in advance.
More about the Dutch Flower Parade
- Dutch Flower Parade
- History of the Dutch Flower Parade
- Keukenhof Tulip Gardens
- Helicopter flights above the tulip fields
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Visit the unique flower experience center all year round
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Amsterdam Region Travel Ticket