Dutch Flower Parade 2019
April 13 @ 9:00 am - 8:00 pmFree
In 2019 the Dutch Flower Parade will be held on Saturday April 13th. It’s the most famous flower parade in Holland and it is a perfect combination with a visit to Keukenhof Gardens.
The spring flower parade in Holland is unique in the world. It is the only flower parade that is made up with spring flowers. More than a million visitors from all over the world enjoy during the route of the creations of the many volunteers who make the event possible.
Flower Parade route
The flower parade will ride from the seaside resort of Noordwijk on Saturday 13 April 2019 via the flower fields near Lisse to the historic city of Haarlem. The route is in total more than 42 kilometers long. Along the route several viewing locations have been created where extra entertainment and explanation about the corso floats will be given.
1. Keukenhof Boulevard
One of the best spot to see the Flower Parade is the Keukenhof Boulevard. The road in front of Keukenhof Gardens is transformed for the Flower Parade. The parade will get some extra entertainment on the Keukenhof Boulevard.
- Passing time around 3.30 PM
- Address: Westelijke randweg (in front of Keukenhof entrance)
- Distance from Keukenhof: 5 minutes walk
If you want to combine Keukenhof with the Flower Parade we advise you to buy your Keukenhof tickets online. It can be a crowded day at the gardens and with your online ticket you can Skip the line at the ticket office. Below you will find all Keukenhof tickets available.
2. The center of Flower Town Lisse
Just a 10 minutes walk from Keukenhof you wil find the center of flower town Lisse. Every year the flower parade is one of the top events in the center. There is a special Flower Parade market with great products and the town’s center square at the Heereweg is the place to see the flower parade passing.
- Passing time around 3.00 PM
- Address: Heereweg 219, Lisse
- Distance form Keukenhof: 10 minutes walk
3. The center of Haarlem
In the evening the Flower Parade will enter the city center of Haarlem. It’s great to see the floats riding though the historical Dutch city. On Sunday April 14th, the corso trucks can be seen in the center of Haarlem.
- Passing time around 9.00 PM
- Address: Gedempte Oude Gracht, Haarlem
- Distance from Keukenhof: 20 kilometer
4. See the start at Noordwijk Boulevard
On Saturday April 13th the Flower Parade will start at the beachfront of Noordwijk.
- Passing time around 9.30 AM
- Address: Vuurtorenplein, Noordwijk
- Distance from Keukenhof: 12 kilometer
Please signup for our free newsletter with the latest information about the flower events in Holland. From the beginning of March we will also send a weekly Flower Forecast to keep you updated about the growing of the flower fields. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
Hotels nearby Flower Parade 2019
If you want to stay in a Hotel or Bed & Breakfast nearby Lisse during the Dutch Flower Parade you will have to book your hotel early. Most rooms are booked more than a year in advance.
Check out the availability at our partner Booking.com
More about the Dutch Flower Parade
- Dutch Flower Parade
- History of the Dutch Flower Parade
- Helicopter flights above the tulip fields
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out our most populair articles:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parades in Holland
- Visit the Flower Fields in Holland with our tips
- Stay informed about the growing of the flower in Holland with our Flower Reports
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit the best Flower Farms in Holland
- Our tips for the most populair tours from Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- The Countryside of Holland: all about Dutch cheese, clogs and windmills
- Is there something special in Holland? Check it out in our events calendar