March 8st 2018: Ice flowers
Last week was still very cold. Last weekend the Dutch where ice skating on the canals of Amsterdam. Growing of the flower fields did come to a stop. Last Monday the weather was getting better and all the ice as melted. The flower fields are preparing for Spring. We see a growing number of green fields. But there are still a lot of brown fields.
Forecast March weatherThe two weeks weather forecast predicts a lot of rain. The temperature will go up but the nights will remain cold.
Blooming predictionIt’s still too early for a precise prediction but we think that the blooming period of the flower fields is likely to start about one or two weeks later than normal. It still depends on how the weather will be in the coming weeks. Sunshine and higher temperatures are welcome.
More about tulips
- Discover everything about Tulip Garden Keukenhof
- More about the dutch flower fields near Amsterdam
- Visit the unique Dutch Flower Parade
- Check our flower event listing
- The best tours & tickets for Amsterdam and the flower region
- Learn more about Amsterdam
- Learn more about the Bollenstreek (Dutch flower bulb region)