Welcome to our first blooming report of 2018. Every week we will write a new post with information about the weather conditions in the Netherlands and the blooming predictions.
March 1st 2018: Cold February
Last February was very cold. It was the coldest February since 1996. It was also very sunny. Because of the cold the flower bulbs are still in wintersleep. Looking at the flower fields we see that there are fields where the flowers are starting to grow. This is mostly because January was a warm month. At this moment the growing has stoped and the flower bulbs are waiting for warmer weather.
Forecast March weather
The two weeks weather forecast predicts still cold weather. The temperature will go up but the nights will remain cold. There will be more rain in March.
It’s too early for a precise prediction but we think that the blooming period of the flower fields is likely to start about a week later than normal. It all depend on how the weather will be in the coming weeks.
More about tulips
- Discover everything about Tulip Garden Keukenhof
- More about the dutch flower fields near Amsterdam
- Visit the unique Dutch Flower Parade
- Check our flower event listing
- The best tours & tickets for Amsterdam and the flower region
- Learn more about Amsterdam
- Learn more about the Bollenstreek (Dutch flower bulb region)