Enjoy the freedom to travel when you want with a (rental) car. Traveling by car is one of the fastest and most comfortable ways to travel to Keukenhof Gardens. You avoid the large crowds of tourists and you can enjoy the blooming flower fields along the way.
The roads in The Netherlands are easy to drive. Keukenhof Gardens is very easily accessible by car from Amsterdam and many large cities in the Netherlands. Even from Germany and Belgium the Bollenstreek (flower region) is very easy to be reached.
Parking your car at Keukenhof Gardens
At the entrance of Keukenhof you will find a large parking lot where you can park your car for only € 10.00 a day. Order your parking ticket online together with you entrance ticket to avoid waiting lines.
Avoid traffic jams
One of the advantages of traveling by car is that you can travel to Keukenhof early. Keukenhof opens its doors at 8 a.m. and often it is nice and quiet and you can take the most beautiful photos in the morning light. Best of all is that you will avoid the traffic jams.
Sightseeing with a car
With a car you can enjoy the flower fields around Keukenhof Gardens very easy. You simple drive along the beautiful colored fields. Navigate to Voorhout, Noordwijk, Noordwijkerhout, De Zilk, Hillegom and Lisse and you will see the best flower fields. You even can visit the beautiful Dutch beach and dunes area.
Cost of a rental car
If you do not have a car, it is also an option to rent a car at, for example, Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. Rental cars are available for around € 45,00 a day. which make it a cheap options if you travel with more people. We parter with he biggest rental car company in the world: Rentalcars.com. Check out the best deals for a rental car for your travel day(s) here.
Directions by car
Located between Amsterdam and The Hague and it is easily reached via the A4 (exit Nieuw-Vennep) and the A44 (exit 3 Lisse). Follow the signs ‘Keukenhof’.
If you drive with navigation apps please use navigation address: Stationsweg 166A, 2161 AM Lisse and follow the instructions of traffic guidance near Keukenhof Gardens.
Read more: about driving in Holland »
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Buy Keukenhof quality tulip bulbs online and create your own tulip garden
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Tulip Festival Card