Spring garden Breezand
February 27 @ 8:00 am – March 2 @ 5:00 pm
Spring Garden Breezand is one of the most populair indoor flower shows in Holland. More than 40 flower bulb growers create a spectacular and colorful event. There is also a Spring Fair Expo and Agri Trade Fair during the Flower Show.
With an area of 1,800 m2 each year, hundreds of volunteers, contributors and sponsors are creating a beautiful flower show in the head of Noord-Holland. In five days time, over 20,000 visitors pass the gateways.
They enjoy an inspiring garden with the largest variety of bulbs, beautiful flower pieces and beautiful decorations. The permanent organizer of the Lentetuin Breezand, Martin Elling, is working out the show in detail.
Every year a spectacular theme is chosen. Spring will never be bored.
The enormous flower power at the Breezand Lentetuin takes many hours of effort. In the summer, more than half a year before the show, the flower bulb growers find the best bulbs. These get a special temperature treatment. Then the breeding process begins, very accurate work that is regulated with water, heat and light.
Everything must be bloomed exactly during the spring garden. A few days before the show, the contestants plant the bulbous flowers on the spring garden.
Every year the flower show has a special theme. The theme for 2020 will be ‘Tropical’
Price of tickets
You will have to pay an entrance fee to visit this flower show. Adult will have to pay € 6,50 and children between 4 and 12 year pay € 3,00.
Directions to Breezand
Are you in Amsterdam between the 1st and the 5th or March and you love to see blooming flowers you must visit the Spring garden in Breezand. You can visit the event by (rental)car of public transport. If you travel with public transport you have to travel to train station Anna Paulowna. From there there is a special busline that will take you to the event. Parking at the event is free.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top 5 sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- The countryside of Holland: all about Dutch cheese, clogs and windmills