This is our fifth blooming report of 2018. Every week we will write a new post with information about the weather conditions in the Netherlands and the blooming predictions.
March 29th 2018: Easter weekend
It’s still cold and the flowers are growing slowly. We have spotted the first signs of red and pink fields. The next weeks the Dutch flower region will be more and more colorful. If you are visiting the Dutch flower region try visiting the flower fields also.
Forecast April weather
It is cloudy with rain and sunshine in the coming days. Temperatures are around average and there is a fair wind. Night temperatures are still low so growing will not speed up.
We still expect the flower fields to lag behind normal flowering for about 2 weeks. This means that the tulip fields will only be in full bloom in the second half of April.Buy your Keukenhof tickets online and skip the line
Every week we will update the map and let you discover the best flower fields around Keukenhof. If you want to see this flower fields consider renting a bike at Keukenhof including the Flower Tour. All photo’s above and in the flower map below are part of the cycling route Flower Tour.
More about tulips
- Where are the tulip farms in Amsterdam?
- #welovetulips : share your tulip pictures with the world
- See our list of all our blooming reports of 2018
- Discover everything about Tulip Garden Keukenhof
- More about the dutch flower fields near Amsterdam
- Visit the unique Dutch Flower Parade
- Check our flower event listing
- The best tours & tickets for Amsterdam and the flower region
- Learn more about Amsterdam
- Learn more about the Bollenstreek (Dutch flower bulb region)