Motorhome, Campervan & Keukenhof
No need for organized tours, expensive hotels and crowded buses. You always have a place to stay overnight. Traveling with a campervan usually requires a little more planning. Do you already own a campervan or do you have to rent one yourself. Where can you park and where can you stay overnight.
Keukenhof by motorhome / campervan
You should definitely visit the blooming flower fields and Keukenhof if you are in Holland during spring. The flower region is very easily accessible with a campervan or motorhome. Do you want to visit Keukenhof with your motorhome during your trip? Then we have a number of tips for you.
Tip 1. Travel directions to Keukenhof and the flower fields
If you want to visit Keukenhof and the flower fields you will have to travel to Lisse. It’s a small town near Amsterdam and near the beaches of Holland. You can navigate to the address of Keukenhof.
- Stationsweg 166a
- 2161 AM LISSE
- The Netherlands
Tip 2. Parking your motorhome / campervan at Keukenhof
Keukenhof has a big carpark where you can park your motorhome or campervan for just € 6,00 a day. You can order a parking ticket online to avoid waiting times at Keukenhof. The carpark will close every day at 19:30 so you can’t stay overnight at the Keukenhof carpark.
Tip 3. Where can you park your motorhome / campervan nearby Keukenhof
Because you can’t stay overnight at the carpark at Keukenhof you should park your motorhome or campervan at an other location. There are various options where you can park.
- Unique spot between the flower field – There is a unique spot, 1 mile from Keukenhof where you can park your motorhome or camper van for free. It’s located at the Leidsevaart and it’s surrounded with flower fields. It’s not an official campersite and there are no camping facilities. The local government has a toleration policy for motorhomes and campervans that are parked at the Leidsevaart overnight. On busy days it can be very crowed with motorhomes and campervans because this free parking spot with a view on the flower fields is know with more and more campers each year. Navigate to: Leidsevaart 15-23 in Lisse (52.277764, 4.536140)
- Camperpark 205 – located at a very good location between Amsterdam, Keukenhof, Schiphol, Haarlem and Leiden is Camperpark 205. It’s a campsite with services. Navigate to: Floriadepark in Vijfhuizen ( 52.343473, 4.684524). -> website
- Campsite Vogelenzang – This campsite is also located near the flower fields and is a real campsite with lots of services. There is even a heated outdoor swimming pool. Navigate to: Tweede Doodweg 17 in Vogelenzang (52.320026, 4.566910) -> website
Tip 4. Rent a campervan or motorhome in Holland
If you don’t own a campervan or motorhome yourself you can rent a campervan or motorhome in Holland. There are various companies where you can rent good quality campervans. We have put three options below.
- Indie Campers – This great company is operating in more than 50 locations in Europe. It’s perfect for planning your trip with your family with a campervan or motorhome. -> website
- Motorhome Republic – Motorhome Republic will get you the lowest price with it’s partners. -> website
- CampToo – Camptoo is the Airbnb or the motorhome and campervan rentals. Many Dutch people own a motorhome or campervan so checking out there offers might be a good idea. -> website
Tip 5. Check out our free flower reports
Because the flowers in Holland bloom depending on the weather conditions in winter and spring we are offering a free weekly newsletter with our exclusive flower reports. We will tell you all about the predictions for blooming and where to see the best blooming flower fields. We will send a newsletter every month and from the beginning of March till mid May every week. Sign up here.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out our most populair articles:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parades in Holland
- Visit the Flower Fields in Holland with our tips
- Stay informed about the growing of the flower in Holland with our Flower Reports
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit the best Flower Farms in Holland
- Our tips for the most populair tours from Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- The Countryside of Holland: all about Dutch cheese, clogs and windmills
- Is there something special in Holland? Check it out in our events calendar