When you are visiting the Netherlands in spring you want to see the flower fields in bloom but the blooming depends on the weather conditions in the first months of the year. So it isn’t easy to predict the blooming of the flower fields.
We are located in Lisse (location of the Keukenhof) so we see the flower fields every day. We will provide a weekly update about the status of the flower fields and the flower blooming in Keukenhof. This weekly update will start in February and ends on the closing day of Keukenhof. Our weekly reports will also give you free information about events and tours around Keukenhof and Amsterdam. In the other months we will send a monthly update about the tulips.Sign up for our free blooming update
The updates are also shared on our website and our Facebook page
‘Normal’ blooming season
The blooming of the flower fields in the Netherlands depends on the weather conditions in winter and early spring. When the weather is cold the flower fields are growing much slower than when the weather is warm. A cold winter and spring will result in a delay of the blooming flower fields. A warm winter and spring will result in a earlier blooming periode.
In the Amsterdam flower area are more kinds of flowers besides tulips. Every flower has it’s own blooming period. The normal blooming period per flower is:
- Snowwhites – February – March
- Crocus – February – March
- Daffoldils – March and April
- Hyacints – April and beginning of May
- Tulips – April and beginning of May
The prediction of the blooming is very difficult. The weather in the Netherlands is very hard to predict. In a normal year, Mid April till the end of April is the best period to see the tulip fields. If you want to keep updated about the blooming prediction, please sign up for our free email updates.
Planning your trip
When you want to see the blooming flowers in Spring it’s very important to book your hotel on time. Especially if you want to stay in the tulip region, you should be quick to book your hotel. At the popular weeks, hotels are quickly full.
Popular travel periods in 2019 will be:
- April 10 till April 14 2019 – Because the Dutch Flower Parade will be held on April 13th
- April 19 till April 22 2019 – Because of Easter weekend
- April 23 till April 30 2019 – Because of peak blooming (with normal weather conditions)
- Everything about Keukenhof Tulip Garden
- Enjoy the unique Dutch Flower Parade in Spring
- Visit our event list for unique flower activities
- The best tours & tickets in Amsterdam
- Learn everything about the Bollenstreek (Amsterdam’s flower area)
- Tips & tricks for you visit to Amsterdam