The best hotels in the Netherlands are located in the center of Amsterdam. Nowhere in Holland you will find so many 5 star hotels close to the most beautiful museums and attractions. But which hotel should you choose? We have a number of hotel tips for a luxurious stay in Amsterdam.
Also check out our article about the best private tours in Amsterdam.
Top 10 luxurious hotels in Amsterdam
We have put together a list of the best 10 luxurious hotels in Amsterdam. All hotels have a 5 star rating and are located in the center of Amsterdam. From this hotels you can easily visit the Tulip Festival Amsterdam and other attractions in Holland.
1. InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel
The Amstel Hotel is famous for the great service the hotel provides to its guests. The location is perfect right in the center of Amsterdam. The hotel has rooms and large suites. Many celebrities have already spent the night at the Amstel Hotel.
- Most famous hotel in Amsterdam
- Great health club with spa bath, steam bath and sauna
- Great restaurants with views on Amstel river and Amsterdam
2. Waldorf Astoria Hotel Amsterdam
The excellent hotel Waldorf Astoria consist of 6 monumental 17th century canal palaces. The hotel is located in the heart of Amsterdam. Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam features the luxury Guerlain spa with access to the indoor swimming pool, sauna, fitness center and three treatment rooms for relaxing and massages.
- The hotel has a unique garden
- The hotels breakfast is the best way to start your day in Amsterdam
- It’s a top-rated location in Amsterdam
3. Hyatt Regency Hotel Amsterdam
Hyatt Regency Hotel is located in the center of Amsterdam. The luxurious hotel has a fitness center, terrace, bar, and free WiFi. The interior of the hotel is modern and trendy.
- Luxurious and trendy hotel in the center of Amsterdam
- Great gym available for hotel guests
- Staff speak Arabic, English and Spanish
4. Pulitzer Hotel Amsterdam
The Pulitzer Hotel is set within 25 interlinked 17th and 18th century canal houses. The luxury hotel is newly restored and is located along the famous Prinsengracht and Keizersgracht canals. Guests can make a boat trip and free WiFi is provided.
- Combining traditional and modern Dutch design
- A full renovation was completed in 2016
- Highly rated for the friendly staff
5. Amsterdam Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky
The Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky is located on the edge of the famous Dam Square and opposite the Royal Palace. The hotel benefits from a grand cafe and a winter garden on site. Free WiFi is available.
- The interior of the hotel is modern and trendy
- Location on the Dam Square is unique
- Spacious rooms and suites
6. W Amsterdam
One of our favorite hotels is Hotel W Amsterdam. It is located in the center of Amsterdam, close to Dam Square, and offers rooms, suites and a heated rooftop pool. Guests can enjoy the rooftop lounge bar, AWAY Spa and FIT Gym. Wi-Fi is free in all areas.
- Check out the rooftop heated swimming pool
- There is also a great rooftop lounge bar
- Modern and trendy hotel
7. Grand Hotel Amrâth Amsterdam
The luxurious 5-star Grand Hotel Amrâth Amsterdam is situated in a former Scheepvaarthuis. The 205 Art Nouveau-style rooms, 22 of which are suites, have high ceilings and large windows that provide plenty of natural light. WiFi is available free of charge. The central station is 500 meters walking distance.
- Art Nouveau-style
- Located near central station (train station)
- free access to the spa and wellness center
8. Sofitel Legend The Grand Hotel Amsterdam
This luxurious 5-star hotel in the heart of Amsterdam offers luxurious rooms in a unique historic ambiance with French elegance. You will find a mix of Dutch history and French luxurious contemporary design. The hotel features a restaurant on the top floor, several bars and a spa with an indoor pool. The hotel is located in the historic city center of Amsterdam.
- Historic ambiance with French elegance
- Suites including butler service
- Excellent food and beverage outlets
9. Art’ Hotel Amsterdam
The Art’otel Amsterdam in located in the center the capital of Holland. The hotel is on walking distance of the city’s main sights and shopping areas. In Art’ Hotel Amsterdam you will find the meeting café 5 & 33, where you can dine all day and until late at night. There is also a bar, a library, a lounge and a public, multifunctional gallery.
- Artworks by Atelier Van Lieshout
- Beautiful building in the center of Amsterdam
- Modern and trendy
10. Hotel Okura Amsterdam
The luxurious 5-star superior Hotel Okura Amsterdam is located in the trendy De Pijp district. Guests can enjoy views of the city from the 23 floors and dine in one of the 4 high-quality restaurants. Hotel Okura also offers a gym, spa and indoor pool.
- Just outside Amsterdam city center
- 4 restaurants that have all been awarded by Michelin
- Nagomi Spa & Health is inspired by Japanese influences
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out our most populair articles:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parades in Holland
- Visit the Flower Fields in Holland with our tips
- Stay informed about the growing of the flower in Holland with our Flower Reports
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit the best Flower Farms in Holland
- Our tips for the most populair tours from Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- The Countryside of Holland: all about Dutch cheese, clogs and windmills
- Is there something special in Holland? Check it out in our events calendar