Check out the best flower events during Tulip Festival in Holland. Visit Keukenhof Gardens, the Dutch Flower Parade, the activities at flower farms and the best sightseeing tours along the tulip fields.
- This event has passed.
Aalsmeer Flower Festival
June 17 @ 8:00 am – June 22 @ 5:00 pm
Aalsmeer Flower Festival shows flowers and plants at their best en surprises visitors with applications in art, design and food. This years edition takes place in the weekend of 17 June 2022. (The 2020 and 2021 edition was canceled because of COVID-19)
Things to do during the Aalsmeer Flower Festival
The Aalsmeer Flower Festival 2022 takes place at various locations in Aalsmeer. Below are the locations and a brief description of the activities.
- Historical Garden Museum Aalsmeer (Praamplein, Aalsmeer) A museum and botanical garden, with hundreds of beautiful flowers and plants with historical value. Here you will learn all about the rich horticultural history of the ‘flower capital of the Netherlands’. Entrance fee € 6.00
- Flower Art Museum (Kudelstaartseweg 1, Aalsmeer) Here, everything revolves around art inspired by flowers and nature. Every quarter there are new exhibitions with contemporary artists. Entrance fee € 6.00
- Boerma Institute (Legmeerdijk 227, Aalsmeer) From beginner to Master florist, the Boerma Institute has flower arranging lessons for everyone. During the festival there is an open house here. Free to visit during Open House on 18 and 19 June.
- Westeinder Rondvaart (Praamplein, Aalsmeer) Take a trip on an open boat through the island kingdom of the Westeinderplassen. Along the way, there are stops at beautiful ‘open gardens’. Prices can be found here
- Open Garden Weekend (various locations in Aalsmeer) The Open Garden Weekend organised by Groei & Bloei Aalsmeer will be held on 18 & 19 June. Beautiful gardens that are otherwise hidden can now be visited free of charge! Private gardens are free to visit.
There is limited parking space at the various locations. In Aalsmeer Centre you need a ‘parkeerschijf’ (parking card). If you want to park for several hours, you can use the parking at locations Belle Epoque (Oosteinderweg 489) and Boerma Instituut (Legmeerdijk 227).
Are you travelling by public transport? Aalsmeer has no train station but can be reached by bus 340. From Amsterdam you can travel with an Amsterdam Region Travel Ticket.
Festival buses and watertaxi
Visitors can use the small festival buses for transportation between locations. This is done by a ‘hop on, hop off’ service. Busstops are near the entrance of the locations. Buses go every 30 or 40 minutes.
Between Historische Tuin and watertoren/galerie Sous-Terre there is a watertaxi. This boat trip takes about 30 minutes and is worth your while! A festival ticket entitles you to unlimited use of both festival buses and watertaxi.
Hotels in Aalsmeer
If you want to enjoy the Aalsmeer Flower Festival for several days, you can book a hotel near Aalsmeer. Below you will find the current prices and availability of hotels in and around Aalsmeer.