During the year there are many different flower events in Holland. From the events at Keukenhof Gardens, the flower parade, the activities at flower farms to helicopter flights above the flower fields. You can find it in our calendar.
- This event has passed.
Aalsmeer Flower Festival
June 16 @ 8:00 am - June 17 @ 5:00 pmFree
Aalsmeer Flower Festival shows flowers and plants at their best en surprises visitors with applications in art, design and food. The 5th edition takes place in the weekend of 16 and 17 June 2018.
There is limited parking space at the various locations. In Aalsmeer Centre you need a ‘parkeerschijf’ (parking card). If you want to park for several hours, you can use the parking at locations Belle Epoque (Oosteinderweg 489) and Boerma Instituut (Legmeerdijk 227).
Festival buses and watertaxi
Visitors can use the small festival buses for transportation between locations. This is done by a ‘hop on, hop off’ service. Busstops are near the entrance of the locations. Buses go every 30 or 40 minutes.
Between Historische Tuin and watertoren/galerie Sous-Terre there is a watertaxi. This boat trip takes about 30 minutes and is worth your while!
A festivalticket entitles you to unlimited use of both festival buses and watertaxi.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out our most populair articles:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parades in Holland
- Visit the Flower Fields in Holland with our tips
- Stay informed about the growing of the flower in Holland with our Flower Reports
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit the best Flower Farms in Holland
- Our tips for the most populair tours from Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- The Countryside of Holland: all about Dutch cheese, clogs and windmills
- Is there something special in Holland? Check it out in our events calendar