The Dutch are crazy about cycling. You can also discover the countryside of the Netherlands by bike. Go on a guided tour in one of the most beautiful parts of the Netherlands in less than 30 minutes by train from the center of Amsterdam.
From Sassenheim train station, an experienced guide will take you through the countryside of the Netherlands. The experienced guides will take you on a journey through the lakes of the Kagerplassen with its many small islands. It’s a place where the horizon is marked by traditional windmills and the silhouettes of centuries-old villages. Where the ferry crosses (by small ferryboats) makes you feel like going back in time. The wide views over water and polder are overwhelming and the kind and relaxed people a true joy.
The guide will tell you about the history and emergence of the Dutch polders with its windmills, about the Dutch water draining system and why the region is so unique. And you will learn the ins and outs of the cheese making process by visiting a real cheese farm.
On this journey you will visit all the must-see icons of the Dutch countryside in a relaxed and active way.
During this bike tour you will see the following highlights
- The lakes and islands of the Kagerplassen
- Cheese farm
- Grazing cows
- Picturesque villages
The bike tour includes
- A visit to a cheese farm
- Experienced guide
- Train ticket from Amsterdam Central – Sassenheim station (30 minutes, direct train)
- 3 ferry crossings
Date: every Sunday (29 July – 26 August)
Starting time: 1 PM
Starting point: Station Sassenheim
Duration: 3 hours
Length: 18 km
Participants: max 12 persons
How to get there ?
You can travel to Sassenheim station by train or by car. If you travel by car you can park at a big parking (free).
Train from Amsterdam (30 minutes)
Direct train at 12:11 (Sprinter in the direction of Den Haag) from Amsterdam Central which departs from platform 14b. Book your one-way ticket for € 10,80
From Den Haag (20 minutes)
Direct train at 12:09 (Sprinter in the direction Amsterdam) from Den Haag Central which departs from platform 8. Book your one-way ticket for € 4,90
From Leiden (5 minutes)
Direct train at 12:43 (Sprinter in the direction Amsterdam) from Den Haag Central which departs from platform 4b. Book your one-way ticket for € 2,30
Note: with less than 4 Participants the tour will be canceled
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out our most populair articles:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parades in Holland
- Visit the Flower Fields in Holland with our tips
- Stay informed about the growing of the flower in Holland with our Flower Reports
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit the best Flower Farms in Holland
- Our tips for the most populair tours from Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- The Countryside of Holland: all about Dutch cheese, clogs and windmills
- Is there something special in Holland? Check it out in our events calendar