Do you want to visit the Amsterdam Tulip Season in Holland? Then this article could help you plan your perfect trip to the capital of Holland, Amsterdam and see the Dutch tulips in bloom.
Keukenhof Tulip Gardens is closed for 2019. In 2020 the Tulip Gardens will open from 21 March 2020 till 10 May 2020. During summer 2019 you can visit -> Keukenhof Castle Gardens.
Tulips in spring 2020
Every year millions of tulips are blooming in and around Amsterdam. The tulip season in Holland marks the beginning of spring. The colorful flowers and the rising temperatures make many people from all over the world happy.
When is Tulip Season in Holland?
When you are in Holland you will see tulips in the flower shops from December till around May. This tulips are not growing on flower fields but in greenhouses. You will not see any tulip fields in December, January and February. A blooming tulip field in March is also very rare but possible. Most people want to see the outdoor tulip fields. The best month to see tulips in Holland is April. The best chance of having the most and most beautiful tulip fields is from mid-April to early May 2020.
Tulip fields in Holland
The famous tulip fields in Holland are blooming in spring but when you want to see the bright colors of the tulip fields you will have to plan your trip. Difficulty here is that the weather is an important factor in determining when the tulip fields bloom. Every year we publish our famous free Flower Forecasts. With our forecasts we keep you updates about the weather and growing of the tulips in Holland.
How long will a tulip field bloom?
Tulips growing on the tulip fields are mostly grown for the flower bulb and not for the flower itself. Most tulip fields are therefore headed after 2 or 3 weeks of flowering so that more energy can go to the flower bulb instead of the flower.
Events during Tulip season in Holland
During Tulip Season you can enjoy a lot of events in and around Amsterdam. We will point out the best tulip events during spring season 2020.
- Visit Keukenhof Gardens and be amazed bij all the tulips outdoor and indoor
- Go sightseeing like a VIP with a Helicopter flight above the tulip fields on one of the six days in April
- Check out the Flower Parade in spring 2020
- Enjoy the tulips in the city of Amsterdam during Tulp Festival
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out our most populair articles:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parades in Holland
- Visit the Flower Fields in Holland with our tips
- Stay informed about the growing of the flower in Holland with our Flower Reports
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit the best Flower Farms in Holland
- Our tips for the most populair tours from Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- The Countryside of Holland: all about Dutch cheese, clogs and windmills
- Is there something special in Holland? Check it out in our events calendar