A visit to Holland in 2022 gives you the unique opportunity to visit the Expo Floriade. Once every 10 years, the Expo Floriade is held in Holland. This major world exhibition brings everyone with a green heart together. Taste, smell and enjoy nature together. Floriade opens on 14 April 2022 en will be open until 9 October 2022. Come and experience Expo Floriade for yourself.
What to expect at Floriade Expo 2022?
Are you crazy about flowers, plants and trees in all shapes and sizes? And are you looking for a fun day out? Then the world horticultural exhibition Floriade Expo 2022 is for you. For six months, Floriade presents green solutions by innovators and smart people who make our cities more fun, liveable and sustainable. Dive into the theme ‘Growing Green Cities’ and get to know innovations in the field of green, food, health and energy. Floriade takes place only once every 10 years. During the entire opening period of Floriade Expo 2022, you can enjoy the most beautiful flowers. From the tulips in spring to the dahlias in summer. Don’t miss it!
At the Expo, you can visit several country pavilions where countries showcase their culture, plants, flowers and local innovations for green cities.
Map of Expo Floriade 2022
Take a look at the floor plan of Expo Floriade 2022 below and start planning your visit. At the Floriade park you can enjoy the scent and colour of flowers, plants, vegetables and fruit and discover solutions of innovators from home and abroad which make our cities more fun, more beautiful and more sustainable.
A ride in the cable car gives you a beautiful view over the Floriade park. Your entrance ticket includes a single ride in the cable car. You can get on the funicular at the south side of Floriade Park for an 850 metre ride to the north side of the park or you can make the trip in the opposite direction. The choice is yours!
Floriade Expo 2022 is open daily from 14 April to 9 October 2022
- Monday – 10:00 to 19:00
- Tuesday – 10:00 to 19:00
- Wednesday – 10:00 to 19:00
- Thursday – 10:00 to 19:00
- Friday – 10:00 to 19:00
- Saturday – 10:00 to 19:00
- Sunday – 10:00 to 19:00
Prices Expo Floriade 2022
All entrance tickets are valid for a day visit to Floriade from 14 April to 9 October 2022, including a single ride in the cable car. Keep an eye on our website or sign up for our newsletter to be informed when the sales start.
- All entrance tickets give you one day entrance to Floriade Expo 2022 including a single ride with the cable car.
- The prices mentioned are per person.
- The price depends on the day you want to visit Floriade.
Availability of tickets for World Expo Floriade 2022
World Expo Floriade 2022 can admit a maximum number of visitors per day. If you want to visit the Expo on a specific day, book your tickets in time. Below you can see the availability per day and book your tickets right away. You can book the tickets up to 6 months in advance.
Tours from Amsterdam
Tours depart from the centre of Amsterdam towards the Floriade. Below you can find the current offer of organised excursions from Amsterdam to Floriade.
Floriade 2022 tour from Amsterdam
This 6,5 hour tour takes you to the world exhibition Floriade. There is a tour at 9.45 am and at 12.45 pm. This tour departs from the centre of Amsterdam near Amsterdam Central Station.
|Floriade Expo Tour||Price|
|Adult ticket (12+)||€ 75.00||Buy now|
|Kids ticket (4-11)||€ 55.00||Buy now|
|Kids ticket (0-3)||Free|
Full day tour Floriade 2022 and Windmill village Zaanse Schans from Amsterdam
This guided tour takes you to two highlights of the Netherlands. In the morning you visit the Floriade Expo 2022 and in the afternoon the windmill village Zaanse Schans. This guided tour departs from the centre of Amsterdam. This tour departs from the centre of Amsterdam near Amsterdam Central Station.
|Floriade Expo + Zaanse Schans tour||Price|
|Adult ticket (12+)||€ 102.50||Buy now|
|Kids ticket (4-11)||€ 51.25||Buy now|
|Kids ticket (0-3)||Free|
Travel advice Floriade Expo 2022
The Floriade Expo is less than 30 kilometres from the centre of Amsterdam. There are several ways to travel to the Floriade Expo. The best way to travel to Floriade is by train from Amsterdam Central Station to Almere Station. From Almere Station you can take the Floriade shuttle bus or shuttle boat (paid services). The train ticket Amsterdam – Almere is included in the Tulip Festival Card.
From train station Almere Centrum in Almere city centre it is a 10-minute walk to the Esplanade, where you can board one of the electric boats that will take you directly to the Floriade Park. Your day at the Floriade starts during the boat trip! During the trip across the Weerwater lake the captain will tell you all about the Floriade Expo 2022 and Almere.
- A boat ticket costs € 4.50 per person.
- A boat ticket from Almere Centrum to Floriade is a return ticket.
- The boat departs from Pier Esplanade in Almere City Centre, this is a 10-minute walk from Almere Centrum train station.
- The boat trip takes about 15 to 20 minutes.
- The boat is accessible for visitors with disabilities.
- Children up to 3 years old can travel for free, they do not need a ticket and do not have their own seat.
Floriade Shuttle Bus
The shuttle bus departs from the train station Almere Centrum. There is also a pick-up point for the shuttle bus at the Floriade Parking. A return trip to and from Floriade Parking is already included in a parking ticket. The shuttle bus follows a direct route without any stops to the entrance of Floriade Expo 2022.
- A ticket for the shuttle bus costs € 5.00 per person. (included in a parking ticket)
- A shuttle bus ticket from Almere Centrum to Floriade is a return ticket.
- The shuttle bus departs from the bus station at Almere Centrum in the city centre and from Floriade Parking.
- Children up to 3 years old can travel for free; they do not need a ticket and do not have their own seat.
- The shuttle bus is accessible for visitors with disabilities.
The Floriade Expo 2022 car park is located to the east of the park. You can buy a parking ticket for € 14.50 which includes a return ticket for the Floriade Shuttle bus.
Hotels near Expo Floriade
The Floriade Expo 2022 will be held in Almere near Amsterdam. If you want to stay overnight near the Floriade, you can choose from several hotels. Below we have listed the best hotels for a visit to the Floriade in co-operation with bookings.com.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out the most populair activities:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parade in Holland
- Our top sightseeing tours for exploring the flower fields
- Buy Keukenhof quality tulip bulbs online and create your own tulip garden
- Check out our hotel tips for visiting Keukenhof and the tulip fields
- Stay informed about the blooming of the flowers in Holland with our free Flower Forecast
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit a tulip farm in Holland
- See the best flower events during your visit to Holland? Check it out in our events calendar
- Visit the unique flower experience center all year round
- This flower attractions are open all year
- Our tips for the most populair tours in Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- Read more about the Amsterdam Region Travel Ticket