During the year there are many different flower events in Holland. From the events at Keukenhof Gardens, the flower parade, the activities at flower farms to helicopter flights above the flower fields. You can find it in our calendar.
- This event has passed.
Visit The Making of The Dutch Flower Parade
April 18 @ 9:00 am - April 20 @ 1:00 pm€5
On Saturday April 21, 2018 the Flower Parade of the Bollenstreek will travel from Noordwijk to Haarlem. In the three days before the parade the floats will be ‘pierced’, that is to say, covered and decorated with bulb flowers. Many hundreds of volunteers will be busy for days with the piercing or pinning of thousands of hyacinths, tulips and daffodils to the floats. The construction days can be admired at the hall of DeLeeuw Flowerbulbs in Sassenheim.
The location of the construction days can be visited by bike. Rent your bike at Keukenhof and see the flower fields during your trip to the construction days. It’s about 7 km ride. Make sure to book your bike in time and avoid waiting time at Keukenhof.
The construction days will take place at the hall of DeLeeuw Flowerbulbs on the Rijksstraatweg 52, 2171 AM Sassenheim (A44 exit nr. 4).
The hall is open to the public:
|Wednesday April 18, 2018 from||9.00 to 22.00 hrs.|
|Thursday April 19, 2018 from||9.00 to 22.00 hrs.|
|Friday April 20, 2018 from||9.00 to 13.00 hrs|
Entrance fees 2018
|Groups of 20 people or more||€ 4.50|
|Children from 6 to 12 years old||€ 2.00|
|Children till 6 years old||Free|
|Primary school classes and their supervisors||Free|
|The ticket office is open until one hour before closing|
The entrance fee includes a free cup of coffee or tea.
You can watch the piercing, pinning and decorating at your own pace during the construction days. In addition it is possible to take part in a guided tour of the hall.
During the construction days there is the possibility to tour the parade floats with a guide. Throughout the tour you will receive a lot of information about the origins of the flower parade, how the floats are built and the way the flowers are pierced and pinned onto the floats.
Times of tours
Wednesday and Thursday: every hour on the hour from 12.00 hrs to the last one at 20.00 hrs. On Friday the tours will be every hour from 10.00 hrs to 12.00 hrs.
Or you can request a separate guided tour for a group.
Applying for the tours
There is no extra charge for the guided tours however you must apply for them beforehand. This can be done on site at the information desk at the Klinkenberghal or by sending an e-mail already to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please inform us of the following in your e-mail:
– how late you wish to arrive
– how many people will be taking the tour.
- More about the Dutch tulips
- Discover everything about Tulip Garden Keukenhof
- More about the dutch flower fields near Amsterdam
- Visit the unique Dutch Flower Parade
- Check our flower event listing
- The best tours & tickets for Amsterdam and the flower region
- Learn more about Amsterdam
- Learn more about the Bollenstreek (Dutch flower bulb region)
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out our most populair articles:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parades in Holland
- Visit the Flower Fields in Holland with our tips
- Stay informed about the growing of the flower in Holland with our Flower Reports
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit the best Flower Farms in Holland
- Our tips for the most populair tours from Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- The Countryside of Holland: all about Dutch cheese, clogs and windmills
- Is there something special in Holland? Check it out in our events calendar