Keukenhof Dahlia Days – enjoy the Dutch summer flowers at Keukenhof Castle
August 21, 2019 @ 8:30 am – August 28, 2019 @ 7:30 pm
Enjoy the Dutch Summer flowers on the Keukenhof Castle in Lisse!
This summer visitors to Keukenhof Castle can enjoy a beautiful dahlia garden and many summer flowers. Martin Elling, designer of Keukenhof Flowergarden, has created an elegant design for the castle garden this time. Around 100 different types of dahlias have been planted in the front garden of Keukenhof Castle.
The estate of Castle Keukenhof is located next to the famous flower park. It has a beautiful castle garden, a nice petting zoo and a large forest. The estate can be visited free of charge throughout the year.
To celebrate the flowering of the summer bulbs, Corso Zundert looks after a beautiful work dahlias that will be placed on the lawn in the front garden of the Keukenhof castle. This flowering object can be admired from 22 to 26 August 2018.
How to travel to Keukenhof Castle
During Spring season there are a lot of tours and special public transport options for you to travel from Amsterdam to Keukenhof. During Summer there are less options. It’s only a 30 minutes drive from the center of Amsterdam . So we recommend traveling by car. You can rent a car or order an Uber.
Tour from Amsterdam
In 2019 there is a new tour available from Amsterdam to Keukenhof Castle Gardens. It’s a 5 hour tour which includes a visit to the summer flowers at Keukenhof Castle Gardens (next to the famous tulip park Keukenhof).
- See flower fields outside of the Tulip season
- Visit flower farms and a flower auction
- Walk through the summer garden at Keukenhof castle
Dates and price Keukenhof Castle Tour
|Wednesday 14 August||€ 39,00||Book now|
|Friday 16 August||€ 39,00||Book now|
|Wednesday 21 August||€ 39,00||Book now|
|Friday 23 August||€ 39,00||Book now|
The park around the Castle is open on:
Monday to Sunday 08.30 – 17.00 (winter: 1 October to 1 April)
Monday to Sunday 08.30 – 19.30 (summer: 1 April to 1 October)
Entrance Keukenhof Castle
The gardens of Keukenhof Castle is free to visit every day.
Visitors can park for free in the parking lot at Kasteel Keukenhof.
Are you planning to visit the best (flower) activities in Holland? Make sure to check out our most populair articles:
- Everything you want to know about Keukenhof Gardens
- Check out our information about the Flower Parades in Holland
- Visit the Flower Fields in Holland with our tips
- Stay informed about the growing of the flower in Holland with our Flower Reports
- Want to experience the real thing? Visit the best Flower Farms in Holland
- Our tips for the most populair tours from Amsterdam during your stay in Holland
- Get the most out of your visit with our tips for visiting Amsterdam
- The Countryside of Holland: all about Dutch cheese, clogs and windmills
- Is there something special in Holland? Check it out in our events calendar